The mission of the Office of University Scholarships and Financial Aid (USFA) is to facilitate access to a Virginia Tech education through the timely and accurate administration of student financial assistance.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, popularly known as Virginia Tech, is a public, land-grant, research university with a main campus in Blacksburg, Virginia, educational facilities in six regions statewide, and a study-abroad site in Switzerland.
Applicants whose native language is not English are required to demonstrate proficiency in English. The TOEFL is the most frequently submitted examination score that the University receives, however, the Admissions Office will use other measures upon the applicant’s request. The IELTS, ACT, and SAT examinations may also be used.
Applications close: The deadline to submit the freshman application for admission is December 1, 2017. The general scholarship application is due December 7, 2017.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Varies
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Each year, over 20,000 people apply to be among approximately 5,900 entering students. Before you can be considered for freshman admission, you must complete:
- 18 units of high-school coursework
- 4 units of English
- 3 units of math (includes algebra I, geometry, and algebra II)
- 2 units of laboratory science (chosen from biology, chemistry or physics)
- 2 units of social science (one must be history)
- 3 additional academic units (foreign language is highly recommended)
- 4 elective units
Some majors have other requirements, such as an additional year of advanced math or lab science. Most students who are selected for admission have completed more than the minimum requirements and have at least a B+ grade point average.
US and international students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement:
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a previous year degree.
Test Requirements: Virginia Tech will accept scores from the ACT, the old SAT and the redesigned SAT. Because the redesigned SAT is a different test than the old SAT, a numerical score on one test will not be equivalent to the same numerical score on the other.
SAT scores ranged from 810 to 1600
ACT scores ranged from 17 to 36
(SAT scores reflect critical reading and math section scores only)
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills.
How to Apply:
- Apply for admission to VT at http://admissions.vt.edu/apply.html
- Create a Guest Account using your 9 digit application ID number from Step 1. For more information on the Guest Account and FAQs, please visit http://admissions.vt.edu/apply/guestaccount.html
- Use the Guest Account login credentials to log in to the VT Scholarship Central at https://vt.academicworks.com/
Whether you apply online or send in the paper application, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions must receive the following supporting materials to ensure your application file is complete:
- Application Fee
- SAT Reasoning Test or ACT Scores (Optional for international applicants)
- InitialView Interview (Optional for international applicants)
- Educational Documents
- International Transfer Applicants must submit, in addition to those materials already listed, the following educational documents:.