The University of Adelaide is offering Faculty of Sciences Student Accelerator Scholarships for the students who are seeking entry into one of the eligible programs in Semester 1 or 2 of 2018. Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate as well as the postgraduate program. The University of Adelaide aims to create and engender a university culture that values health, safety y, and well-being as fundamental components of the work environment, supported by safe systems of work, appropriate governance, training, management structures and operational strategies.
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia’s most prestigious universities and is renowned internationally for excellence in education and research
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate as well as the Postgraduate program.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn the following courses below:
- Bachelor of Agricultural Sciences
- Bachelor of Food and Nutrition Science
- Bachelor of Science (Ecotourism)
- Bachelor of Science (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Science (Biotechnology)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
- Master of Biotechnology (Biomedical)
- Master of Biotechnology (Plant Biotechnology)
- Master of Bioinformatics
- Master of Science (Ecotourism)
Scholarship Award: The scholarship provides a one-off AUD $2,500 payment for travel and living allowances. The scholarship will be paid to the recipient following confirmation of enrolment after the census date for the semester they commenced in
Number of Scholarships: One scholarship is available.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: In order to be eligible a student must:
- Have applied to study a sciences eligible program as listed in Annex B (See below: Annex B – 2018 Eligible Programs) and be offered admission in Semester 1 or 2 in 2018 at the University of Adelaide; AND
- Accepted their offer (once specified conditions have been met) within 10 business days; AND
- Be a citizen of China, India, Malaysia or Vietnam; AND
- Be an international student. International students are international citizens defined as those who are or will be studying onshore only with visa subclasses 570 to 575.
Nationality: Citizens of China, India, Malaysia or Vietnam are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirements: The University’s preferred accredited English language tests are:
- IELTS(International English Language Testing System) – Academic Test
- TOEFL– internet based and paper based
- Pearson Test of English– Academic
- CAE(Cambridge English: Advanced).
However, the University may accept other evidence of proficiency in English in individual cases.
The majority of language tests and qualifications that meet the University’s minimum English requirements have a validity of two years preceding the date of application.
Students without the required level of English will need to satisfactorily complete an intensive program of English language before being admitted to the University of Adelaide. The University can arrange an appropriate English language program, Academic English (PEP Pathway) in Adelaide at the University’s English Language Centre. The PEP Pathway provides an alternative entry pathway for prospective students who have received offers to the University of Adelaide conditional upon English proficiency. On successful completion of the PEP Pathway at the appropriate level, students are granted direct entry into the University.
How to Apply: Acceptance of an offer for admission to the University in 2018 for programs listed in Annex B within 10 business days will constitute an application for the scholarship. Successful recipients will receive the scholarship from the Faculty of the Sciences. If the offer is not accepted in 10 business days, the offer of the scholarship will lapse and will be withdrawn. The University reserves the right to amend the availability of the scholarship and/or the information provided in the scholarship details at any time.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is December 1, 2017.