Who is Eligible? To be considered eligible for the scholarship, the following criteria must be met:
- Applicants should either be about to submit their PhD or have submitted their PhD no more than 6 months before the closing date;
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK (UK/EU), but need not have been funded by EPSRC for their PhD;
- The proposed project must be within the area of quantum technologies, with an emphasis on the engineering of quantum effects for applications;
- The candidate must have the support of their host Department (within UCL), who will nominate a suitable mentor for the applicant;
- The project mentor must not be the candidate’s primary PhD Supervisor (primary or secondary);
- The proposed project must be 2 years in duration;
- The candidate must have submitted their PhD thesis before the fellowship can commence;
- Awards will be made at UCL Grade 7, Point 29 (including London Allowance where applicable);
- Limited associated costs (travel, consumables, minor equipment) of up to £5k per annum can be included but must be fully justified in the proposal;
- If unsuccessful, applicants are not allowed to reapply for this scheme unless they have been specifically invited to by the panel.
Is my Country Eligible? UK/EU applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
What is the College Entrance Requirement? Applicants should either be about to submit their PhD or have submitted their PhD no more than 6 months before the closing date.
What is the College English Language Requirements? Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
About Scholarship: These are prestigious fellowships that are intended to provide support for outstanding candidates who are beginning to develop independent research careers. The UCL Quantum Science & Technology Institute (UCLQ), inaugurated in May 2014, serves to coordinate and support research across the University across a range of departments and disciplines, helping to develop this fast-advancing field of research.
Study Level: Fellowships are available to pursue the postdoctoral program.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in Quantum Technologies.
Scholarship Award: Limited associated costs (travel, consumables, minor equipment) of up to £5k per annum can be included but must be fully justified in the proposal.
Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Where is the Scholarship Country? UK
How can I Apply? Applications should be submitted by email to Aparajita Mohanty (j.mohanty-at-ucl.ac.uk) by Friday 28 July 2017. Proposals should be led and submitted by the fellowship candidate. There is no application form. The application should consist of a:
- 3-side Case for Support;
- 2-side CV;
- 1-side Host Department Letter of Support.
All documents should be written in font size 11 or above (Arial or Times New Roman) with 2cm margins all around.
When is the Application Deadline? Fellowship application deadline is July 28, 2017.
:UCLQ Postdoctoral Fellowships in Quantum Technologies for UK/EU Applicants in UK 2017: