The aim of the studentship is to enable applicants to embark on an independent career in academic stroke research.
The European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) is a European professional association for liver disease.
How to Apply:
- A detailed research proposal identifying an important research question and the plan to achieve the aims (max. 4 pages)
- A detailed CV (Max. 2 pages)
- 2 reference letters (including one from the candidate’s senior mentor at the home institution)
- An official letter signed by the candidate’s supervisor at the hosting institution including the following:
- A statement detailing how much of the design and research work will be done by the candidate,
- A statement confirming that the object of the research programme is unpublished (as defined by not having appeared on PubMed) by the closing date for award submissions
- A confirmation that the Hosting Institution will appoint the candidate under a PhD fellowship scheme, if the fellowship is granted.
- A confirmation that the candidate is, or has applied to become, a member of the EASL
Application deadline November 30,2017
Study Level: The studentship is available to pursue PhD
Study Subject: The studentship is awarded in the field of basic, translational or clinical Hepatology.
Award of Scholarship: The studentship will cover the followings:
- Mobility allowance, 500 EUR per month
- Family allowance, 500 EUR per month.
Number of Scholarships: Number of studentship is not given.
Scholarship can be taken in Europe
Eligible Countries: The programme is open to Europeans and Non-Europeans applicants.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Applicants must hold a M.Sc. or M.D. or equivalent degree of eligibility to access a PhD studentship or be expected to receive this within the next 6 months.
- Candidates must be active EASL members or have applied for membership at the time of the application;
- Applicant must not hold a permanent position;
- The Hosting Institution must be in Europe;
- The Hosting Institution must be different from the Home Institution and preferably located in a different European country;
- Once the PhD fellowship is awarded, the hosting institution must offer a structured PhD training programme;
- No more than 1 application per hosting and home institution will be considered each year;
- The research supervisor(s) in the hosting institution must be EASL member(s) but must not be member(s) of the EASL Governing Board.
- No restriction on the applicant’s nationality;
- Age limit for applicants is 35 years.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of the host university
In order to process applications, EASL will need to process the applicant’s personal data as provided in the application dossier. The applicant gives his/her consent to such control and processing of the applicant’s personal data. EASL will handle the applicant’s personal data in accordance with all applicable legislation and for the sole purpose of reviewing the candidate’s suitability for the fellowship.