The Institute for Positive Psychology and Education and Learning Sciences Institute Australia are offering Two PhD scholarships. The candidate will complete a doctoral thesis on a topic related to a randomised controlled trial of web-based teacher professional development intervention designed to motivate students during the transition to secondary school. Scholarships are awarded under the supervision of Associate Professor Chris Lonsdale (IPPE), Professor Carmel Diezmann (LSIA) and Professor Richard Ryan (IPPE).
ACU’S Research Institutes and Faculties include some of the very best researchers in the world. Their strong support for research attracts outstanding students and collaborators across the globe.
Study Level: Scholarships are available to undertake a research course.
Study Subject: The candidate will complete a doctoral thesis on a topic related to a randomised controlled trial of web-based teacher professional development intervention designed to motivate students during the transition to secondary school.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover the followings:
- A tax-free stipend of $31,682 AUD per annum for three years;
- Funding for project costs;
- A Commonwealth-funded place for domestic students; and
- A tuition fee waiver and Overseas Student Health Care Policy for international students.
Scholarship Country: Australia
Eligibility: Applicants must have master’s degree.
Eligible Countries: Australian and international students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirement: Entry requirements are different for each course, including Higher Degrees by Research (HDR).
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Application process: Applicants can apply by online mode.
- If applicants are a domestic applicant, complete the Domestic Application for Higher Degree Research Candidature / Postgraduate Research Scholarship.
- If applicants are an international applicant, complete the international online application form
- If applicants are currently enrolled in a research degree at ACU, please complete the Application for a Postgraduate Research Scholarship for Research Candidates Currently Enrolled at ACU (Word, 170KB).
Applicants should also include a cover letter of not more than two pages providing evidence of:
- Academic excellence, including, but not limited to, academic awards or grants;
- Skills in quantitative and/or qualitative research methods;
- Previous research experience;
- Alignment of research experience and interests with the IPPE’s research themes or LSIA research areas; and
- Ability to contribute to a team.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 14, 2017.
Research Training Program Scholarships for International Students at ACU in Australia 2017