Postdoctoral Fellowship in Biophysical Chemistry at University of Oslo in Norway
A 2-year postdoctoral position is available in the research group of Dr. Irep Gözen at the Centre for Molecular Medicine Norway (NCMM); Department of Medicine, University of Oslo. Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. The application must include:
- Cover Letter (stating motivation for working in the group, max. 1 page)
- A summary of candidate’s own soft matter research ideas (max. 2 pages)
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work and method competence max. 2 pages)
- Copies of educational certificates (Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system)
- A complete list of scientific publications: Articles, Reviews, Book chapters, Conference Proceedings, Presentations
- List of references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
- Optional: Letters of recommendation
In accordance with the University of Oslo’s equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
Study Level: Fellowship is provided for pursuing the postdoctoral research programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship favours Biophysical Chemistry at University of Oslo in Norway.
Number of Awards: A postdoctoral position is available.
Scholarship Award: The postdoctoral position will be placed as SKO 1352 (position code) postdoctoral research fellow with salary NOK 486 100 – 567 100 per year – depending on qualifications.
Scholarship country: Norway
- Completed PhD degree in biophysics, biophysical chemistry or material science
- Experience with biological samples/cell culturing
- Practical knowledge of microfabrication procedures/clean room experience
- Working knowledge of image analysis (Matlab, Python or similar) Preferably: successfully completed programming education during undergraduate studies
- Practical knowledge of optics is an advantage
- Ability to independently perform experiments, analyze and interpret the results
- Documented ability to write scientific manuscripts, first author papers from PhD studies (multiple is advantageous)
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Advanced level English in reading, writing and speaking
Eligible Countries: Norwegian and international applicants can apply for this fellowship.
College Entry Requirement
Entrance Requirement: They must completed PhD degree in biophysics, biophysical chemistry or material science
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; PhD research fellows and post-doctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the following internationally recognised tests.
- TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language
- IELTS – International English Language Testing Service
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) and Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) from the University of Cambridge
- Applicants to the programme for the PhD degree in Science must obtain a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 80 (internet-based) on the TOEFL test or a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS (academic) test. The same applies to applicants for postdoctoral research fellow positions.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 31, 2017.
Visit official scholarship site