NBK Future of Mining Award at University of British Columbia in Canada, 2018
The University of British Columbia offers Future of Mining Award for highly motivated students. All International Applicants are encouraged to apply for the NBK Future of Mining Award NBK Future of Mining Award. The University of British Columbia, commonly referred to as UBC, is a public research university with campuses and facilities in British Columbia, Canada
English is the primary language of instruction at UBC. All prospective students are required to demonstrate a minimum level of English before they’re admitted.
Course Level: Future of Mining Award Offer for International Master of Engineering Applicants All International MEng Applicants are encouraged to submit a paper entitled: “The Future of Mining.”
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Engineering.
Scholarship Award: Award of $3000 value will be awarded.
Number of Scholarships: The number of candidates that can be accommodated is limited; we accept the best-qualified students as vacancies occur.
Scholarship Country: Canada
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
North American Admissions Requirements
Applicants holding the academic equivalent of a 4-year baccalaureate degree from UBC, conferred at a recognized institution in North America, may apply for a master’s degree program with:
- A minimum overall average in the B+ range (at UBC 76%) in third- and fourth-year level courses, or
- Academic standing with at least 12 credits of third- or fourth-year level courses in the A-grade range (at UBC 80% or higher) in the field of study, or
- Applicants who have a four-year baccalaureate degree or its academic equivalent, which does not meet the requirements stated above, but who have had significant formal training and relevant professional experience to offset such deficiencies, may be granted admission on the recommendation of the NBK Institute of Mining Engineering, with approval of the Master of Engineering Program Office.
International Admissions Requirements
International applicants are eligible who hold a credential deemed comparable to a Canadian four-year baccalaureate degree and who demonstrate superior academic standing, equivalent to an overall degree standing of B+ (at UBC 76% or higher). The University has established specific minimum admission requirements for graduates of different countries.
Nationality: Canadian, as well as International students, are eligible to apply for this award.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: A minimum overall average in the B+ range (at UBC 76%) in third- and fourth-year level courses.
English Language Requirements: If you are an international applicants and your undergraduate degree is from a university where a language other than English was the official language of instruction, you must take and pass one of the following English language proficiency exams:
- TOEFL(Test of English as a Foreign Language): minimum score 90 for the internet-based exam (with minimum component scores of 22 [reading, listening] and 21 [writing, speaking].
- IELTS(International English Language Testing Service): minimum overall band score of 6.5 with no other component score less than 6.0 of the academic (NOT general) IELTS test
Use the University of British Columbia’s institution code 0965 and the NBK Institute of Mining Engineering department code, 69. Give the reason for taking TOEFL “to enter a college or university as a graduate student”
Your English language proficiency exam must have been completed within two years of your application submission date.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
- Current Resume (Curriculum Vitae)
- Statement of Intent
- Letters of Reference
- English Proficiency Test
Application Deadline: Application Deadline is December 11, 2017.