In today’s post, we will be considering the list of low tuition universities in France, tuition fees, cost of living, admission requirements, how to apply and finally enumerate the top universities in France.
Europe is blessed with many universities that operates on low tuition fees for international students. As statistics show, the majority of international students wish to study in Europe and also on low tuition fees.
The cost of study in France is very cheap as compared to tuition fees in UK and US. In public universities, tuition fees range from 150 – 800 Euro. These tuition fees depend on the level of study (like BS, masters and Doctorate). Also, it is interesting to know that Courses like Engineering might have slightly higher fees.
Private colleges certainly operates on higher tuition fees ranging from 1500 – 6000 Euro per academic year. Most Business schools are private and usually charge a tuition fee of 4500 to 7000 Euro per year for international students taught in English.
There are more than 80 Universities, 200 Engineering and Commerce schools for international students to apply for studies in France. Basically, Undergraduate degree takes 3 years while Master’s degree is usually 2 years. In France’s public universities, the basic language of study is French.
Read Also: Low Tuition Universities in Luxembourg
Thus, international students whose native language is French can study at lower tuition fees. For bachelor’s degree programs for Francophone students, the tuition fee is 188 Euro per academic year while engineering degrees’ tuition fee is 611 Euro per academic year. That of medicine related studies have tuition fees that differ depending on the program of study. You can also contact your school of choice for more information on this.
Cost of Living
Besides studying on low tuition in France, the cost of living in France as an international student is cheap and affordable. It can be estimated at 1,050 to 1,200 Euro/month to cover accommodation, books, transports etc. in Paris. This cost is lowest in minor cities and also depends on the lifestyle of the individual.
Read Also: Low Tuition Universities in Italy
How to Apply and Admission Requirements
The application process for studies at French institutions varies depending on the institution as well as your country of residence. International students aspiring to study at the undergraduate degree level in the universities and institutes of technology in France must possess a French baccalaureate or equivalent and also passed the institution’s entrance exam in their home country.
In addition, if you are applying for a study program at an institute of technology, you may be required to undertake a personal interview.
For international students that want to study at masters level, they must possess a relevant bachelor’s or equivalent degree diploma.
List of Cheap Tuition Universities and Colleges in France
- Universite de Caen
- Universite de Franche-Comte
- Universite de Marne la Vallee
- Universite de Provence
- Universite de Savoie
- Universite de la Mediterranee
- Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille
- Universite Lumiere Lyon
- Universite d’Orleans
- Universite de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour
- Universite de Technologie Compiegne
- University of Picardie
- University of Rennes 1
- Nantes University
- American University of Paris
- College de France
- Ecole Centrale Paris
- Ecole Centrale de Lyon
- Ecole Nationale Superieure de Techniques Avancees
- Ecole Nationale Superieure des Mines de Paris
- Ecole Nationale Superieure des Mines de St-Etienne
- Ecole Nationale Superieure d’Electronique, d’Electrotechnique, d’Informatique et d’Hydraulique de Toulouse
- Ecole Nationale Superieure d’Ingenieurs en Construction Aeronautique (ENSICA)
- Ecole Nationale Superieure des telecomunnications de Paris (ENST)
- Ecole Nationale de l’Aviation Civile (ENAC)
- Ecole Nationale des Telecommunications de Bretagne
- Ecole Normale Superieure
- Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon
- Ecole Polytechnique
- Ecole Superieure D’Electricite
- Ecole Superieure D’Ingenieur en Electronique et Electrotechnique
- Ecole Superieure en Sciences Informatiques
- Ecole Superieure de Commerce de Paris
- European Institute of Business Administration
- Institut National de Physique Nucleaire et de Physique des Particules
- Institut National des Sciences Appliquees de Lyon
- Institut National des Sciences Appliquees de Toulouse
- Institut National des Telecommunications
- Institut Superieure D’Electronique du Nord
- Institut d’Informatique d’Entreprise
- Institut des Mathematiques Appliquees de Grenoble
- Strasbourg University
- Universite Paris IX Dauphine
- Universite d’Aix-Marseille III
- Universite d’Angers
:Low Tuition Universities in France and How to Apply: