Low Tuition Universities in Canada with Tuition Fees from $5000 to $16000
Canada is one of the cheapest countries international student can study abroad in. There are lots of cheap tuition universities and institutions to Study your dream course in Canada if you are not financially buoyant enough to afford studying in USA, Australia and UK. But the choice is wholly yours to make.
Major cities include massive Toronto, west coast film centre Vancouver, French-speaking Montréal and Québec City, and capital city Ottawa. Canada’s vast swaths of wilderness include lake-filled Banff National Park in the Rocky Mountains.
Anyway, this post is an update of the previous one.
It might interest you to know that some universities in Canada operate on very low tuition fees. These tuition fees fall in the range of $5,000 to $16,000 per year for undergraduate, master and doctorate degree programs.
Below are Universities in Canada We Have Carefully Reviewed Click on them to get their information
- University Canada West
- University of Toronto
- McGill University
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of British Columbia
Cost of Living in Canada
Cost of living simply means the amount of money a student needs to take care of his/her expenses like feeding, accommodation, transportation etc. In Canada, it is very affordable due to its low-cost when compared to places like Australia, USA or UK.
That said, it can be estimated as $600 to $800 a month for a student’s living expenses. This amount will take care of his/her feeding, buying of books, stationery, transportation etc.
Breakdown of the cost of living in Canada for students:
- Accommodation (bedroom apartment) – $400 approximately per month.
- Books and supplies – $1000 per year
- Movies – $8.50 – $13
- Average restaurant meal – $10 – $25 per person
- Groceries – $150 – $200 per month
A student can spend more or less. This list is just an estimate.
READ ALSO: How to get a Canadian Student Visa
Admission Requirements and How to Apply to The Universities in Canada
Applying to any Canadian university as an international student takes different methods. This is because different universities in Canada have their own policy regarding admission requirements.
You need to visit the webpage of any institution you may wish to apply for specific guidelines on that. Better still, if you want to apply for graduate studies in Canada, you will have to pass through these steps below:
- Fill in an application form online
- Submit your qualifications and transcripts
- Show proof in proficiency in English or French( language of instruction is based on the program you want to study)
- Submit letters of recommendation
- You will need to write letter of motivation – an essay explaining why you chose to study in Canada
- For international students that finished their undergraduate program outside Canada, you may be required to pay an International Credential Evaluation fee to have your qualifications valid
- Finally, after your admission is guaranteed, you have to apply for a visa or study permit, and can also apply for scholarships or grants.
List of low Tuition Universities and Colleges in Canada with Fees
|Universities||Undergraduate tuition fees||Postgraduate tuition fees|
|Brandon University||$5000 to $8000||$5000 to $8000|
|Memorial University of Newfoundland||$6000 to $8800||$6000 to $8800|
|Saint Paul University||$5000 to $6000||$5000 to $6000|
|Athabasca University||$9000 to 10000||$9000 to $10000|
|Concordia University Edmonton||$11000 to 12000||$11000 to 12000|
|University of Manitoba||$12000 to 14000||$8000 to 10000|
|University of Saskatchewan||$12000 to $14000||$4000 to $6000|
|University of Winnipeg||$12000 to $15000||$12000 to $15000|
|MacMaster University||$14000 to $16000||$14000 to $16000|
|University of Victoria||$14000 to $16000||$6000 to $8000|
|University of Ottawa||$14000 to $16000||$14000 to 16000|
|Dalhousie University||$14000 to $16000||$14000 to $16000|
|Mount Royal University||$11000 to $12000||$11000 to $12000|
:Low Tuition Universities in Canada for International Students with Tuition Fees Ranging from $5000 to $16000: