In this article, I have carefully outlined the necessary information on the low tuition universities in Belarus, tuition fees, cost of living, student visa, admission requirements and how to apply to the universities in Belarus.
The Ministry of Education and Science handles the quality and type of education served to foreign students in Belarus. More than 6,000 foreign students study at universities in Belarus each year.
The Republic of Belarus (Belarus) is located in the Eastern part of Europe. In the West it borders on Poland, in the North – West – Lithuania, in the North – Latvia, in the North – East and East – Russia, in the South – Ukraine.
The capital of Belarus is the city of Minsk, which is the biggest political, economic, scientific and cultural centre of the country.
The country sets a high value on a university education and offers affordable tuition for international students as well as a variety of courses of study.
- Major languages: Belarusian and Russian
- Capital: Minsk
- Currency: Belarusian ruble (BYR)
- Time zone: (UTC+3)
- Continent: Europe
Why you should Study Abroad in Belarus
The education system of Belarus is known for its academic excellence. The Belarus higher education system is of high quality, and higher education institutions offer a broad range of study programmes. Studies in medicine, science, management, business, arts, foreign language, and many more are offered. Thus, you are sure to get a programme that caters to your career aspirations and interest.
Worldwide Recognized Qualifications
Belarus higher education institutions provide internationally recognized qualifications of the highest standard. Undergraduate and graduate qualifications are offered by Belarus higher education institutions.
Learn a New Language
While you’re in Belarus, you get an opportunity to learn other languages- Belarusian and Russian. There is no better way to learn a new language than to be immersed in a culture that speaks that language.
Affordable Study and Living Destination
The cost of study and living in Belarus is low as compared to other European countries. Student accommodation and public transport is also cheap in Belarus.
Safe and Welcoming Environment
Belarus has a safe, friendly and welcoming environment. People there are friendly. Every year, many international students come to study in Belarus.
As the qualifications offered by Belarus higher education institutions are recognized and accepted everywhere, you have the opportunity to get a great job after graduation.
Hence, cost of living in Belarus is estimated at $200 to $400 which covers the cost of accommodation, food, books etc. Living expenses greatly vary by lifestyle and spending habit of the individual.
Tuition is not free in Belarus, but it is much more affordable than in other parts of the world. Tuition fees vary depending on the programme chosen and study level. It can be said that the tuition fee in Belarus is low and affordable. The typical annual tuition is between $2,000 and $2,500 (1600 – 1800 Euros) per student. Textbooks are included in the tuition cost and are distributed by the university libraries.
International students who have come on the basis of inter-university or international agreements, the tuition fee depends on the agreement. Also, the fees for first stage of higher education vary by course chosen and duration of the course. The fees for second stage of higher education vary by specialization and curricula.
To gain admittance into the first stage of higher education in Belarus, students must have completed secondary education.
Second Stage: Masters Studies
To gain admittance into the second stage of higher education in Belarus, students must hold a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification.
Third Stage: Postgraduate Studies
To gain admittance into the third stage, students must hold a master’s degree or an equivalent qualification.
Admission requirements vary depending on the programme, level and higher education institution. Certain fields have special admission requirements related to the special nature of training in these fields.
How to Apply
You will have to fill out the Online Application portal and upload scanned copies of your academic credentials. Below are the documents you need to get intact:
- complete and submit online application form
- copies of your school result(s)
- A copy of your International passport
Once you have indicated your course, the institution will process your admission and should inform you within 5-6 working days.
Also, all foreign citizens, including students, traveling to Belarus must obtain a visa. For a student visa, applicants must submit their
- passport with at least six months validity past the intended travel date
- the completed visa application form
- two 2″ by 2″ color photographs with a plain white background
- a statement of medical fitness
- the $60 visa fee and
- a letter of invitation on official letterhead from the school they will be attending.
Visas are issued by embassies and consulates around the world. Most universities will assist students in obtaining the necessary visa.
Low Tuition Universities in Belarus
- Baranavichy State University
- Brest State University
- Homiel State (Francysk Skaryna) University
- Hrodna State (Yanka Kupala) University
- Mogilev State A. Kuleshov University
- Palessie State University
- Polotsk State University
- Vitsebsk State (P. M. Masherau) University
- Belarusian State Agrarian Technical University
- Hrodna State Agrarian University
- Belarusian State Economic University
- Belarusian State Medical University
- Homiel State Medical University
- Hrodna State Medical University
- Vitsebsk State Medical University
- Belarusian National Technical University
- Belarusian State Technological University
- Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics
- Brest State Technical University
- Homiel State Technical (P. V. Sukhoy) University
- Vitebsk State Technological University