Low Tuition Universities For MS in Pharmacy In Canada
It is a general fact that in USA, Australia or UK the tuition fees are higher than those in Canada. You can study on low or cheap tuition in Canada as a better alternative since it is even more affordable there. Also, there are lots of low tuition universities and colleges to Study your dream course in Canada if you do not have enough fund to afford studying in USA, Australia or UK. But the choice is wholly yours to make. It might be so surprising that some good universities in Canada operate on very low or better still cheap tuition fees from international students. These tuition fees fall in the range of $5,000 to $10,000 per year for undergraduate, master and doctorate degree programs.
Cost of Living
Cost of living simply means the amount of money a student needs to take care of his/her expenses like feeding, accommodation, transportation etc. In Canada, this is extremely low and affordable as it can be estimated at $600 to $800 a month for a student’s living expenses. This amount will take care of his/her feeding, buying of books, stationery, transportation etc.
Draft of the cost of living in Canada for students:
Accommodation (bedroom apartment) – $400 approximately per month.
Books and supplies – $1000 per year
Movies – $8.50 – $13
Average restaurant meal – $10 – $25 per person
Groceries – $150 – $200 per month
A student can spend more or less as it really matters what the student lifestyle is like. Please kindly note that the above break-down is just an estimate.
Admission Requirements and How to Apply
Applying to any Canadian higher institution as an international student takes different methods. This is due to the fact that different universities in Canada have their own policy regarding admission requirements. We always recommend to our readers who are interested in applying for admission at any Canadian university to visit the webpage of that particular university they may wish to apply for specific guidelines on how that can be done. Adding more value to the information you needed, if you want to apply for graduate studies in Canada, you will have to pass through these steps below:
Fill in an application form online
Submit your qualifications and transcripts
Show proof in proficiency in English or French( language of instruction is based on the language of the program you want to study)
Submit letters of recommendation
You will need to write letter of motivation – an essay explaining why you chose to study in Canada
For international students that finished their undergraduate program outside Canada, you may be required to pay an International Credential Evaluation fee to have your qualifications valid
Finally, after your admission is guaranteed, you have to apply for a visa or study permit, and can also apply for scholarships or grants.
Low Tuition Universities For MS in Pharmacy In Canada
- 1. UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO:
- It is a top-league University for Research and Medical Sciences well-reputed for its consistent, quality education.
- The Master of Science degree in Pharmacy allows the student to specialize in any of the following areas of research namely:
- Drug Discovery
- Drug and Vaccine Delivery Systems and Nanomedicine
- Pharmacotherapy Evaluation
- Molecular Pharmacology
- Rational Drug Design and Medicinal Chemistry
- Pharmacodynamics and Toxicology
- Clinical and Post-Marketing
- Phases of Drug Discovery
- Evaluation of Outcomes and
- The admission requirements include a minimum average of 78% in the undergraduate studies, academic transcripts, resume, letters of recommendation and a supplementary information form.
- M.S is offered both part-time and full-time with the coursework including a minimum of three one-term courses each 0.5 unit weight, academic integrity workshop, thesis proposal and thesis defense.
- A minimum of 70% in all the courses is required for completion of the M.S program.
- Guaranteed funding is proposed for all graduate students through studentships, assistantships, scholarships, awards, and grants.
- 2. UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA:
- It is a top research institute well reputed for its courses in Pharmacy, distinguished faculty and alumni.
- M.S in Pharmacy is a full-time thesis-based program with a minimum of 2 years comprising of two four-month terms with specializations in Pharmaceutical Sciences or Pharmacy Practice.
- Academic requirements include TOEFL (550 for paper-based; 213 for computer-based; 88 for internet-based) or IELTS (minimum score of 6.5), a 4-year undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3 out of 4, statement of purpose, resume, previous work experience, GRE and letters of recommendation.
- Funding sources include awards, scholarships, assistantships, and Bursaries.
- 3. DALHOUSIE UNIVERSITY:
- It is Canada’s oldest and most premium research institute known for its practical based educational training.
- It offers M.S in Pharmacology as well as Pharmaceutical Science with a typical time span of 2 years each.
- M.S in Pharmacology is thesis-based with research focused on cancer, cardiovascular and muscle diseases, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, epilepsy, and drug abuse. The admission requirements for the same include a minimum average of A- in the undergraduate program along with a good TOEFL score.
- M.S in Pharmaceutical Science is research-intensive and imparts competence in the chosen specialization. The academic requirements for the same include a minimum average of B+ in the undergraduate course along with a good TOEFL score.
- Funding is available in the form of assistantships and scholarships.
- 4. MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY OF NEWFOUNDLAND:
- It is a large Public University in Canada well known for its Pharmacy-related courses.
- The M.S in Pharmacy is offered by the Health Sciences Center affiliated to the Janeway Child Health and Rehabilitation Center providing education in 5 areas namely: Medicinal Chemistry/Drug design and discovery of new molecules with anti-cancer or anti-infectious properties; Pharmacology/Mechanisms of Toxicity and Protection in Neurons; Pharmacology-Pharmacokinetics/Mechanism of Cellular Failure in Autoimmune Diseases; Therapeutic Drug Monitoring; Pharmacoepidemiology.
- Admission requirements include a minimum average of 75% in the undergraduate program along with good TOEFL scores.
- Funding Opportunities are available in the form of scholarships and assistantships.
- 5. UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO:
- It is a top notch University well known in Canada for its quality education.
- M.S program is offered in Pharmaceutical Sciences as well as Pharmacology and Toxicology with a minimum admission requirement of B in the undergraduate course and good TOEFL scores.
- M.S in Pharmaceutical Science offers research in the various areas of Pharmacology, Toxicology, Pharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics.
- Funding Opportunities are available for International students through assistantships and awards.
While an M.S in Pharmacy degree offers a wide range of opportunities in the health science sector and Canada providing ample career-based development, the combination makes it the ideal destination for international students.