Applicants are invited to apply for IUSS PhD Scholarship sponsored by the Institute for Advanced Study and the University of Pavia in Italy for the academic year of 2017. These scholarships are available for the applicants from all over the world.
These scholarships aim to assist high achieving and highly motivated home and international students.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through online processor.
- The application to take part in the competition, one for each PhD programme in which candidates wish to take part, should be written and sent by electronic means only, using the specific procedure which can be found in the dedicated section of the School website date specified in the individual PhD programme information sheets annexed to this announcement and integral part of the same.
- Candidates are required to declare the following in the application, on their responsibility:
- surname, name, place, and date of birth, nationality; that they hold the academic qualification set forth in article 2 above, specifying the degree programme, its duration and the University or Institution of Higher Education where it was obtained;
- The mark received in the Master degree examination, specifying the maximum possible mark and the date on which the said mark was obtained;
- The date on which they expect to obtain the qualification, for those not already holding it;
- The chosen curriculum, where the Programme envisages more than one;
- The domicile or contact details for receiving competition-related communications and the undertaking to inform of any further changes of address;
- Skype contact details for conducting the interview where applicable using electronic communication tools;
- Email address, mandatory for competition-related correspondence.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Master degree
- Similar academic qualification obtained abroad, issued by an Academic Institution officially recognized that gives the admission to the PhD Programme in the foreign Country, just declared to be equivalent by the Italian authorities or recognized as comparable by the Admission Committee to the Italian qualification in terms of duration and content and deemed eligible for the purposes of taking part in the competition.
Study Level: These scholarships are available to pursue PhD program.
Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in the field of Protein, Science, Cellular Biochemistry, Bioinorganic Chemistry, Molecular Microbiology and Molecular Neuropathology.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover the following:
- The annual amount of the scholarship is € 13.638,47, including National Social Security Contributions (INPS).
Numbers of Scholarships: 9 scholarships will be awarded.
Scholarship Country: Italy
Nationality: International students can apply for these scholarships.
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have master degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 23, 2017.
IUSS PhD Scholarship for International Students at University of Pavia in Italy, 2017