If you are a student and wants to do MBA from a UK university, then, you have to get excellent results in your academics and a student visa UK. It is fun to know that thousands of students make preparations to get admission in any good university of UK for advance studies like MBA, MBBS, MSC or any other course, but because they didn’t secure a student visa UK, they miss out even when their admission was granted.
So before taking any further step towards getting a student visa UK, you have to know a few important facts about student visa UK which will help you in the future if you decide to do your MBA from UK. This is the essence of this article…
Please note that student visa UK are of three types:
- Student visitor visa,
- Tier 4 (General) student visa,
- and Tier 4 (child) student visas.
Student visitor VISA
This type of student visa UK is not for all students. Get this type of student visa uk only when you wish to apply for a short course or training in UK.
N/B: Your education qualification, communications skills and documents are monitored closely at the time of VISA application
Tier 4 (child)
If your age is below 18 years, then you can hopefully apply for Tier 4 (child) student visa
Tier 4 (general)
The most important visa among these three types is Tier 4 (general) student visa. Before you can apply for a student visa, you have to possess certain qualifications which we have discussed below.
UK Student VISA
*. You must be less than 16 years old
*. You should be proficient in all the three areas of communication (speaking, reading and writing English)
*. You should have been offered a place of study in any university of UK
*. Your financial condition should be strong enough to pay off your debts and all expenses in UK
*. You should not belong to any country from European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
*. You should fulfill the minimum criteria set by UK government to obtain a student visa UK.
Now, this question may arise
1. How long does it takes to process a student visa? The overall process doesn’t take more than a few weeks, but to be on a safer side, you should apply at least three months prior to starting off your course. You can get the final decision of visa committee within first three weeks itself, so you can proceed further accordingly.
2. Fees of The VISA? Note also that applying for a student visa UK, will cost you around £310. In case you switch or extend by post, then cost of visa may go up to £422 and if you opt for premium extend in UK then it can cost you around £822.
3. Arrival in UK: If you are on a short term course (less than six months duration), then you can’t arrive in UK more than a week before the commencement of your course. Accordingly, if you have taken admission in a course that will last more than 6 months, then you can arrive in UK one month prior to start of your course.
The do’s and dont’s
If you have received a student visa UK, then there are a few points concerning do’s and don’ts in UK which you should always have at the tip of your fingers.
This will help you keep yourself out of trouble
Study full time
You can be a student leader union sabbatical officer
You can apply to extend your stay in UK
You can work according to the guidelines of your course.
You can’t get public funds.
You can’t work as a sports coach or a professional sportsperson.
You can bring your family members in UK after fulfilling certain formalities.
Other points to note to avoid hassles
Course: If you have applied for a student VISA in UK, then you can only take admission in a course that is considered on level six according to National Qualifications Framework (NQF). Your course should be full-time and organised for 15 hours per week at least. So my dear anytime you feel like applying for student visa Uk, please don’t forget these guidelines.
Find this post helpful? Share to your friends.