Sometimes you may become worried and perplexed about the pitfalls while facing an interview. In this post, I have carefully selected the common but challenging barriers and how you can escape them for a successful interview. Below are some good tips that will really make your interview a fun! Study carefully.
- Before going for an interview, make sure you visit the website of the company to gather as much information as you can.
- When asked “How much do you want us to pay you?” Don’t say “anything”. Because by saying that, it means you don’t even know your worth perhaps you don’t have a worth and no company is interested in hiring a worthless individual. Rather, when asked such question, just answer this way “This is a reputable company and I am certain that the company has a salary structure commensurate with my qualification and skill”
- Do not ask for the phone number of the interviewer(s) at the end of the interview.
- Be punctual to the interview venue. If for instance, the interview is to start by 8a.m., make sure you are there thirty minutes before the time. Mind you, time is the soul of every business. So, punctuality matters most.
- On entrance to the waiting room, make sure you greet everyone because you may not know is the boss is.
- After you are done with the interview, don’t attempt discussing with any applicant waiting for their turn to be interviewed. Note that ‘big brother ‘may be watching from afar.
- If possible, for men, they should void wearing suit to interview especially those of us that are not too used to it. Listen up, wearing a suit perhaps coat that does not fit you makes you appear absurd and irresponsible.
- If after one week of your interview, you don’t receive any message from the company, make a return trip to the office for enquiry.
- Finally, there is what is known as the stress test; this is actually to try your temperament and patience. You may be told that the interview will start by 9a.m. only for you to stay till 10a.m. and the interview has not yet commenced. Please on such situations, never complain, react bitterly rather, try and be as much calm and quiet as possible because the big brother is really keeping an eagle eye on you!