About the scholarship: Please read this information carefully so you don’t miss out. The 2017/2018 Heinrich Boll Scholarships in Germany for International Students are awarded by the Heinrich Böll Foundation to international students who wish to study a Masters or PhD Degree in Germany. These students can apply irrespective of where they schooled or are schooling. The scholarships will be holding at the State or state-recognized Universities in Germany. The scholarships cover both Masters Degree and PhD Degree in all courses offered at state or state-recognised universities in Germany. For students living in the EU region , Master’s Degree courses at state or state-recognised universities in Switzerland and other EU member states are possible.
Scholarship Deadline and country of study: Please endeavour to forward your applications on or before 1 March 2017. It might interest you to note that these scholarships are awarded yearly (annual). So, take note of this deadline in case you want to apply again next year. Heinrich Boll Scholarships take place in Germany.
Target group: The scholarship program awards scholarships to international students (both EU and non-EU) who are not studying in Germany
For Masters Studies:
Non-EU students: €750/month plus individual allowances; tuition fees are in certain cases possible in Germany.
EU students: varies, max. €649 plus €300 book money per month; tuition fees not possible in Germany but possible to a limited extent in other countries.
The scholarship is awarded for the regular period of study, may be extended by one semester.
Non-EU students: €1000 per month plus €100 mobility allowance per month, plus various individual allowances; tuition fees are not possible.
EU students: €1350 per month basic scholarship plus €100 per month research costs allowance; tuition fees are not possible in Germany but possible to a limited extent in other countries.
The scholarship is awarded for two years as a rule, may be extended twice at most by half a year.
Eligibility: International Master students who are outside Germany.
• You may apply before commencing your Masters programme or at any time up to the end of the first semester of the Masters programme.
• Applicants must have completed a first degree. Proof of first professional qualification must be provided
International Doctoral students who earned the university entrance qualification outside Germany:
• The applicant must have been accepted as a doctoral student by a state or state-recognised university in Germany. Proof of admission, as a rule in Germany, must be included with the application.
• By the application date, preliminary work must have been completed and a valid timetable for completion must be submitted.
• PhD subjects related to focal points of the Foundation’s activities will be given priority.
For details of application requirements and procedures, please consult information sheet A 1-1 (“scholarship application for undergraduate and graduate students”, PDF) or A 2-1 (“scholarship application for doctoral studies”). The online application portal closes on 1 March at the latest.
We Always recommend you refer to the scholarship website to avoid being misguided