Singapore Management University is pleased to offer Overseas Postgraduate Scholarships (OPS) to cover full tuition fees for the students. Singapore citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
SMU’s Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship that aims to attract and encourage talented young Singaporeans to embark on an academic career by providing financial support for an overseas PhD/terminal degree programme as well as academic guidance and mentorship.
Singapore Management University’s mission is to be a premier university, internationally recognised for its world-class research and distinguished teaching.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Postgraduate programme.
Study Subject: The following fields of study will be supported by PhD studies or a terminal degree in the case of Law:
- Operations Management
- Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources
- Information Systems
- Political Science
Scholarship Award: The scholarship provides
- Full tuition and compulsory fees
- Monthly stipend
- Overseas maintenance allowance
- Return economy airfares
- Conference and fieldwork grants
- Overseas medical insurance
Scholars will also each be assigned an SMU faculty mentor throughout their course of study and have opportunities to participate in faculty development programmes.
The scholarship is tenable for a period of five years.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken to Study Abroad
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Singapore citizens
- Graduates with good Bachelor’s or Master Degrees in, but not limited to accountancy, business, computer science, economics, engineering, law, mathematics, statistics and/or social sciences
- Excellent academic record plus a high degree of proficiency and motivation for a research area that is strongly aligned with SMU’s core areas of excellence
- A keen interest in an academic career at SMU
Nationality: Singapore citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Graduates with good Bachelor’s or Master Degrees in, but not limited to accountancy, business, computer science, economics, engineering, law, mathematics, statistics and/or social sciences.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are required to complete and submit the Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Application Formalong with the following:
- Personal statement describing area(s) of research interest and motivation for pursuing an academic career at SMU
- Detailed CV
- Degree certificates, academic transcripts and relevant GMAT/GRE test scores
- Names and email addresses of three references who are familiar with the applicant’s education/work
Candidates currently pursuing or have applied for/enrolled in a doctoral programme should also provide details of their research topic and status of the programme.
Applications may be submitted throughout the year but candidates are advised to submit them at least nine months prior to the intended commencement date of the postgraduate programme.
Shortlisted candidates will first be invited for an interview with faculty from their discipline of interest and upon their recommendation, may be invited to an interview with the Selection Panel. The Selection Panel will typically convene twice a year, in the first and fourth quarters. Decisions on the scholarship award will be based on the interviews and the application materials submitted.
Application Deadline: Applications may be submitted throughout the year but candidates are advised to submit them at least nine months prior to the intended commencement date of the postgraduate programme.