Federal Government Scholarship for Nigerian Students to Study Overseas 2018/2019
The Federal Scholarship Board by the Federal Ministry of Education of Nigeria is now offering the 2018/2019 Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD students to study Overseas.
The Awards are for Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) studies.
• Undergraduate Scholarship-
All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secoundary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2016 & 2017).
Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
• Postgraduate Scholarship-
-All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
-The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
-All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C.
-Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
-Evidence of readiness to be released by employer.
• Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign languare of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
• All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website: www.stipendumhungaricum.hu. before 15th February, 2018.
• Complete the application form online
• Print the completed form and bring to the interview venue in addition to 2.0 above.
Interview Dates and Zones (Venues)-
North West: Location of interview is Federal Polytechnic, Kebbi
Mon 19th Feb: Kano and Jigawa states
Tues 20th Feb: Kaduna and Katsina states
Wed 21st Feb: Sokoto and Zamfara states
Thurs 22nd Feb: Kebbi state
North East: Location of interview is Govt Girls’ Sec Schl, Damaturu
Mon 19th Feb: Taraba and Adamawa states
Tues 20th Feb: Bauchi and Gombe states
Wed 21st Feb: Borno state
Thurs 22nd Feb: Yobe state
North Central: FGBC Apo, FCT
Mon 19th Feb: Kogi and Kwara states
Tues 20th Feb: Benue and Plateau states
Wed 21st Feb: Nassarawa and Niger states
Thurs 22nd Feb: FCT
South West: FSTC Yaba, Lagos
Mon 19th Feb: Ondo and Osun states
Tues 20th Feb: Oyo and Ogun states
Wed 21st Feb: Ekiti state
Thurs 22nd Feb: Lagos
South South: BDGS, Bayelsa, Yenogoa
Mon 19th Feb: Cross River and River states
Tues 20th Feb: Akwaibom and Edo states
Wed 21st Feb: Delta state
Thurs 22nd Feb: Bayelsa state
South East: FGGC Owerri, Imo state
Mon 19th Feb: Abia and Enugu state
Tues 20th Feb: Anambra state
Wed 21st Feb: Ebonyi state
Thurs 22nd Feb: Imo state
What to bring to Interview
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of the Printed, Completed application forms are usually submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
Only ONE certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June only for undergraduate applicants;
- Two copies of Birth certificate from National Population Commission;
State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) passport sized coloured photographs on white background;
- Academic transcripts and NYSC discharge or Exemption certificates will be required from applicants for Postgraduate Studies.
Candidates nominated and finally selected by the awarding BEA countries will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates
- Data page of current International passport
- Specified Medical Reports
- Police clearance certificate where necessary.
Scholarship Application Deadline
The BEA interviews are between Monday 19th February – Thursday 22nd February 2018 across the six geopolitical zones. Candidates are advised to apply online before these dates.