Cheap Universities in Canada | The University of Saskatchewan

Cheap Universities in Canada | The University of Saskatchewan

English Language Proficiency Requirement

The language of instruction and examination at the University of Saskatchewan is English. In order for students to understand, communicate and be successful in programs at the university, an acceptable level of academic English is required (including written, spoken, reading and listening components). Applicants will be required to present proof of proficiency in English during the application process. For complete list of acceptable English proficiency documents Click here

Requirements and Deadlines

Admission requirements vary depending on what kind of student you are. You will need to tell the university about yourself as different  students have different requirements. Also, students from different countries need to select their own home country in order to get the country-specific requirements. If you wish to see the requirements for your country click here

Work while you study

Information on work permits for international students and accompanying spouses or common-law partners as well as obtaining a Social Insurance Number (SIN).

About working on campus

By working on campus, you will expend your social and professional networks and enhance your learning through working in an academic setting. You will meet mentors and set foundations for successful integration into the Canadian labour market.

What is considered “on-campus” work

“On-campus” is defined as employment facilities within the boundaries of the campus.

The students are only allowed to work on the campus of the educational institution at which they are registered in full-time studies.
If an institution has more than one campus, the student can work at different locations on those campuses provided they are within the same municipality.
If an institution has campuses in different cities, the student is restricted to working on the institution’s campus where they are registered as a full-time student.
Students may work on campus as teaching or research assistants and may be located at a library, hospital, or research facility affiliated with the institution but located outside the physical boundaries of the institution’s campus. This is allowed provided that the work is strictly related to the student’s research grant.
Who your employer can be

The employer can be any of the following:

the institution,
a faculty,
a student organization,
the students themselves (self-employment taking place on campus: e.g. private tutors),
a private business,
a private contractor providing services to the institution on the campus.
On-campus employers include those whose businesses serve the general public, as long as the place of business is located on the institution’s campus.

Hours per week

IRCC does not limit the number of hours students are permitted to work on campus.


You may work on campus without a work permit if you have a valid study permit and are registered as a full-time student. However, there are certain requirements you must meet. It is your responsibility to make sure you are eligible to work on campus. Please check the eligibility criteria by IRCC.

What is considered “full-time” at the U of S

Full-time on-campus undergraduate students are registered in 9 or more on-campus credit units per term. During the Spring and Summer Terms, full-time on-campus undergraduate students are registered in 4 or more on-campus credit units per term.

Full-time on-campus graduate students are registered in 6 or more on-campus credit units per term.

About working off campus

As an international student with a valid study permit, you may gain work experience by working off campus while completing your studies.

Hours per week

If you are a full-time undergraduate international student during the academic term prior to, and subsequent to, the academic break, you may work off campus a maximum of 20 hours per week during the regular academic year (September to April) and full-time during scheduled breaks (summer, winter, and mid-term breaks).

Graduate students are generally considered to have an ongoing, full-time relationship with the University of Saskatchewan and therefore may work off campus a maximum of 20 hours per week throughout the year. They may work full-time during the University of Saskatchewan scheduled breaks.


In order to be eligible to work off campus, you must be a full-time student enrolled at the University of Saskatchewan and be studying in an academic program that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate that is at least six months in duration.

About co-op work permits

If you are enrolled in a program where work experience is an integral part of your studies, you may participate in a co-op or internship program. You must apply for a co-op work permit as well as a study permit.

You are required to have a co-op work permit before you start your work term in a co-op program.


It is your responsibility to make sure you are eligible to apply for a co-op work permit. Please check the eligibility criteria by IRCC.

Applying for a co-op work permit

You may start your application for a co-op work permit as soon as you receive a letter from your institution stating that your intended employment is an essential part of your program of study. To apply for a co-op work permit, use the Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker [IMM5710]. You can apply online or on paper.

It is your responsibility to always carefully read and follow the instructions on how to complete and submit the co-op work permit application.

Renewing your co-op work permit

Important to remember:

Please keep in mind that the expiry date on your co-op work permit will normally correspond with the expiry date of your study permit. You must maintain both your study permit and your co-op work permit valid during your work term in a co-op program.
You may renew your co-op work permit at the same time you apply to extend your study permit.

How to Apply


Bachelor level degrees, diplomas, certificates
Deadlines, admission requirements, and how to apply will depend on the type of program you are interested in.

For How To Apply click here


All Master’s, doctoral and postgraduate diploma students apply online but the application procedures can vary between programs. View specific information on that here

Full list of Undergraduate Programs
Agriculture and Bioresources

Degree Programs:

Agricultural Biology
Agricultural Economics
Animal Bioscience
Animal Science
Applied Plant Ecology
Crop Science
Environmental Science
Food and Bioproduct Sciences
Horticultural Science
Resource Economics and Policy
Resource Science
Soil Science

Aboriginal Land Governance
Aboriginal Resource Management

Kanawayihetaytan Askiy
Prairie Horticulture
Arts and Science
Degree Programs:

Aboriginal Public Administration
Anatomy and Cell Biology
Applied Mathematics
Art History
Biochemistry and Biotechnology
Biotechnology, Microbiology and Immunology
Business Economics
Canadian Literature in English – Minor
Catholic Studies – Minor
Classical, Medieval and Renaissance Studies
Classics – Minor
Computer Science
Crime, Law & Justice Studies – Minor
Critical Perspectives on Social Justice and the Common Good – Minor
Digital Culture & New Media – Minor
Environment and Society
Environmental Biology
Environmental Earth Sciences
Food Science
Health Studies
Indigenous Studies
Interactive Systems Design
International Studies
Jewish and Christian Origins – Minor
Mathematical Physics
Microbiology and Immunology
Modern Languages
Music and Music Education
Physiology and Pharmacology
Political Studies
Regional and Urban Planning
Religion and Culture
Spanish – Minor
Studio Art
Transition Program
Ukrainian Studies – Minor
Women’s and Gender Studies

Aboriginal Theatre
Applied and Professional Ethics
Classical and Medieval Latin
Criminology and Addictions
Ethics, Justice and Law
Global Studies

Edwards School of Business
Degree Programs:

Human Resources
Operations Management

Business Administration
Aboriginal Business Administration

Degree Programs:

Combined Kinesiology/Education
Elementary/Middle Years
Secondary Technical Vocational Education
Music Education
Aurora College Teacher Education Program (ACTEP)
Indian Teacher Education Program (ITEP)
Northern Teacher Education Program (NORTEP)
Saskatchewan Urban Native Teacher Education Program (SUNTEP)

Career and Guidance Studies
English as an Additional Language
Indigenous Languages
Leadership in Post Secondary Education
Practical and Applied Arts
Special Education
Secondary Technical Vocational Education
Teaching English as a Second Language

Degree Programs:

Chemical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Computer Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Engineering Physics
Environmental Engineering
Geological Engineering
Mechanical Engineering

Environment and Sustainability
Certificate Programs:

Certificate in Sustainability

Degree Programs:

Combined Kinesiology/Education
Exercise and Sport Studies

Non Direct-Entry Degree programs:
Veterinary Medicine

For more information about each program view

Tuition fees

For tuition fees kindly view it here

N/B: This article is not complete… the complete version will be available as soon as the admin finishes in the research.

:Cheap Universities in Canada | The University of Saskatchewan:

About Admin 237 Articles
I am an Electrical Electronic Engineering Student at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri - Nigeria. Also, I help students to achieve their study abroad dreams using my research articles. Feel free to contact me for assistance in your applications. Best of Luck!

1 Comment

  1. Good day!
    Please kindly assist me to get a university I could do a masters program in international business, or MBA, or any related masters program to aid an entrepreneur. Please also take into consideration that my financial capabilities could only afford tuition ranging from (Canadian dollar) $4,000 – $ 10,000.

    Please I need all the assistance I can get.

    Many thanks in anticipation of a swift positive reply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.