Apply now: Sydney Speaks Master’s Thesis Award for International Students in Australia, 2019
Founded in 1946, the Australian National University is a national research university. It has seven academic colleges and research centers. It is the world-leading center for research, education and particularly known for its programs in the arts and social sciences.
Why at Australian National University? At ANU, candidates can be well-prepared to address complex contemporary challenges. It can provide attractive benefits and support to students through every stage of their life and career in a world-class organization.
- University or Organization: Australian National University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters degree program
- Award: $4,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: One award is awarded
- Nationality: Australian and International students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2019
- Language: English
Who can Apply?
- Eligible Countries: Australian and International students are eligible to apply for the merit-based awards.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The student funding is open to pursuing a master’s degree program in the field of Linguistics.
- Eligibility Criteria: The applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be enrolled/enrolling in the masters of general and applied for Linguistics (advanced) program in the School of Literature, Languages, and Linguistics. Candidates must enroll or approved to enroll in a relevant Linguistics thesis course in the School of Literature, Languages, and Linguistics, namely THES8102.
- The applicant must be interested in researching variation and change in Australian English that will contribute to the Sydney Speaks project
How to Apply:
- How to apply: To be considered for the merit-based awards, applicants must have to take admission in a master degree program at the Australian National University. After being university students, applicants are eligible to fill out the funding opportunity application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must need to submit the latest CV, thesis proposal of no more than 1,000 words, two referee reports, ANU academic record (transcript), or a copy of latest Academic Record from another institution to CoEDL@anu.edu.au.
- Admission Requirements: For admission at in master’s degree program applicants must have a bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 6.0/7.0, and the approval of an identified supervisor for the research project/thesis.
- Language Requirement: All applicants must provide evidence that their English language ability meets the minimum requirements for admission.
- Benefits: this sponsorship will be awarded worth up to $4,000. It will be paid at the beginning of the semester/session.