Academic Excellence Scholarships at University of Peloponnese in Greece, 2017
Department of Political Science and International Relations at the University of Peloponnese is offering Academic Excellence Scholarships. Scholarships are awarded in the field of civil society organizations in memory of Tzanetou Antipas.
The scholarships are intended to strengthen the scientific research on civil society and encourage young people to follow the example of Tzanetou Antipas social promotion.
The Stavros Niarchos Foundation [(SNF) (www.SNF.org)] is one of the largest private charitable, organizations in the world and makes grants in the fields of art and culture, education, health and sports and social welfare.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s and doctoral programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of civil society organizations in memory of Tzanetou Antipas.
Scholarship Award: The scholarships are distributed as follows:
- Ten (10) scholarships for graduate students in the Master’s Program ‘ Governance and Public Policies “(EUR 3,500 per student).
- Ten (10) scholarships to doctoral candidates (9,000 euros per student) who will conduct research on issues of civil society, voluntary, non-profit organizations and non-state actors.
Number of Scholarships: There are 20 scholarships available.
Where is the Scholarship Country? Greece
Who is Eligible? Graduate students and doctoral candidates will gain high-level academic knowledge and skills in a department with interdisciplinary issues in economy and contemporary governance in European and international context, and the specific object of the operation of civil society organizations. They will enhance their theoretical underpinnings and will gain new possibilities of utilizing their skills in order to enhance the prospects of their career in the dynamic field of charitable activity.
Is my Country Eligible?: Citizen of Greece are eligible to apply.
What is the College Entrance Requirements?
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
How can I Apply? Applications must be submitted online. Applicants should prepare an application file which must include:
- A recent biography by the standards of Europass , in which academic titles are recorded, the volunteering experience, careers and any research activity.
- A short text (“letter of motivation”, up to 400 words) in which you explain why the monitoring of the Master’s program or a doctorate thought it would benefit them in their careers in the non-profit sector.
- Acceptance of their application on the Program “Governance and Public Policies” or the request for a doctoral thesis by the General Assembly of braking.
- One recommendation letter from a person who can evaluate the work experience and voluntary action of the tenderer in cooperation with institutions of civil society.
- Copy the amount due as shown by submitting the tax declaration of the recent financial year.
When is the Application Deadline? The deadline for applications from interested expires on September 30, 2017.