69 Ca’ Foscari University of Venice Positions and Scholarships for International Students in Italy
The new Ca’ Foscari University of Venice Positions and Scholarships is on offer to all new international students for 2017-2018 academic year. University offers PhD Programmes divided into Departments, with indication of positions available for Academic Year 2017/18 (33rd cycle), with scholarships and scholarships bound to specific research topics.
Founded on August 6, 1868 as the “Scuola Superiore di Commercio” (Advanced School for Commerce), Ca’ Foscari was the first Italian institution to deal with advanced education in Business and Economics. Ca’ Foscari strives to attract and nurture talented scholars across the world, delivering cutting-edge research emerging from the engagement of the hard and digital sciences with social sciences and humanities.
As indicated on the art. 3, clause 6 of the call, all PhD students are required to have certified English proficiency at least B2 level at the time of enrolment, except for the possibility of acquiring it subsequently, but and not later than December 31st following the date of first enrollment, otherwise they will be excluded from the PhD programme.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the following departments:
- Department of Economics: Law, Market and Person, Economics, Science and Management of Climate Change
- Department of Linguistics and Comparative Cultural Studies: Modern Languages, Cultures and Societies and Linguistics
- Department of Asian and North African Studies: Asian and African Studies
- Department of Management: Management
- Department of Environmental Sciences, Informatics and Statistics: Computer Science, Environmental Science
- Department of Philosophy and Cultural Heritage: Philosophy and Educational Sciences, History of Arts
- Department of Molecular Sciences and Nanosystems: Chemistry (Inter-University Programme)
- Department of Humanities: Italian Studies, Historical, Geographical and Anthropological Studies (Inter-University Programme), Ancient Heritage Studies (Inter-University Programme).
Scholarship Award: Doctoral scholarships are awarded by a selection process that is outlined in the call for applications. The amount of the doctoral scholarship is EUR 13,638.47 per year, net of insurance fees owed by the doctoral scholarship holder. The scholarship is exempt from income tax (IRPEF).
Number of Scholarships: Department of Economics:
Law, Market and Person: 8 scholarships
Economics: 5 scholarships
Science and Management of Climate Change: 9 scholarships
Department of Management:
Management: 6 scholarships
Department of Environmental Sciences, Informatics and Statistics:
Computer Science: 5 scholarships
Environmental Science: 5 scholarships
Department of Linguistics and Comparative Cultural Studies:
Modern Languages, Cultures and Societies and Linguistics: 5 scholarships
Department of Asian and North African Studies:
Asian and African Studies: 4 scholarships
Department of Philosophy and Cultural Heritage:
Philosophy and Educational Sciences: 4 scholarships
History of Arts: 4 scholarships
Department of Humanities:
Italian Studies: 5 scholarships
Historical, Geographical and Anthropological Studies (Inter-University Programme): On University of Padua website you can find the Call for Application for a.y. 2016/17. Once published, you’ll find the Call for a.y. 2017/18.
Ancient Heritage Studies (Inter-University Programme): 9 scholarships
Scholarship country: Italy
Eligibility: Candidates in possession of the following requirements, regardless of age or nationality, may apply to participate in the competition:
- “Degree” or “Master” (second cycle degree);
- or degree awarded under the system (“ordinamento”) in place prior to the one introduced by Ministerial Decree (D.M.) no. 509 of 03 November 1999, amended by Ministerial Decree (D.M.) no. 270 of 22 October 2004;
- or second-level academic qualification ( “second-level academic degrees”) AWARDED BY institutions Belonging to the AFAM ( “Higher Education in Art and Music”) sector;
- or a Master’s degree awarded abroad, recognised as such in advance solely for the purpose of admission to the competition.
The information found in Attachment “A” determines the type of academic qualifications and any other requirements as stipulated by each PhD Programme.
Applications from students already enrolled in PhD Programmes of the Ca’ Foscari University of Venice or, in case of Inter-University PhD programme, in the Universities affiliated will not be considered valid.
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a “Degree” or “Master” (second cycle degree).
English language Requirements: As indicated on the art. 3, clause 6 of the call, all PhD students are required to have certified English proficiency at least B2 level at the time of enrolment, except for the possibility of acquiring it subsequently, but and not later than December 31st following the date of first enrollment, otherwise they will be excluded from the PhD programme.
Before the enrollment, the student can:
- obtain a certificate from an official certifying body or a certificate from a university language training center included in the list displayed in the section recognized certifications
- fall within one of the exemptions set out in the section case studies
- support the B2 English language test at the CLA with the tariffs set by the CLA Board.
After the registration (and not later than December 31st following the date of enrollment), the student can:
- support the B2 English language test, free of charge up to twice at the CLA
- Attend, within the limits of available seats, a course in the presence free under the regular schedule of the CLA; at the end of the course when there is scheduled a test that is equivalent to the B2 English language test. Additional courses will eventually be provided by the CLA for a fee
- Obtain a certificate from an official certifying body or a certificate from a university language training center included in the list displayed in the section recognized certifications.
How to Apply: The application form must be completed exclusively online. Before applying
- Read carefully the Call for applications and the information about the PhD Programme for which you want to apply (Annex “A”);
- Check the admission requirements (art. 3) listed in the Call and in Annex “A”;
- If you have obtained a degree abroad, please refer to art. 4 of this Call or to the webpage concerning the admission requirements;
- Make sure that you have the documents to be submitted online in the allowed format (PDF).
The submission of the application is in two steps, both compulsory to the proper participation in this tender:
- Registration on the university website at the end of which a username and password will be assigned that you must use during enrolment procedure (this step is mandatory; if you do not risk not to be able to enroller if you are a winner!). If you already possess the credentials required to access the reserved area (for example as former students of the university), this stage is skipped.
- TAX CODE: tax code is an alphanumeric code that needs for italian fiscal purpose. It is not a problem if you have not an italian tax code: when you insert your personal data, the computer system will automatically calculate the tax code. Remind that code because you have to use the same on the second step of on line application.
- Access to the links for the PhD programme you want to participate.
As provided for the art. 5 of the call for application, it is necessary to enclose the following documents to the application form in order to participate in the competition:
- curriculum vitae et studiorum (European format);
- PhD proposal research;
- abstract of the Master’s degree thesis (10.000 characters including spaces);
- transcript certificate of the Master’s degree awarded with the list of exams taken with grades;
- one reference letter. See Reference Letters Box for more information.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is April 27, 2017.