Tbilisi State University Masters Scholarships for International Students in Georgia
How to Apply: Applications are to be submitted online as follows:
- Complete an application form.
- Upload a statement of purpose – a one or two-page essay explaining your motivation to study economics and how a master’s degree in economics is related to your career goals and intellectual interests (in PDF format).
- Upload diplomas and transcripts from previously attended education
al programs (BA/MA Degrees or equivalent). If the documents are not in English, please provide translated versions. All documents should be scanned and attached in PDF
- Upload your GRE or GMAT scores.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing two-year master’s degree (MA) programme.
- Tuition Fee for the 2017-2018 academic year is 2,250 GEL
Amount you pay depands on the results of your performance at National Entrance Exams:
- If you receive 100% of the state grant (2,250 GEL), you pay 0 GEL in a year.
- If you receive 70% of the state grant (1,575 GEL), you pay 675 GEL in a year.
- If you receive 50% of the state grant (1,125 GEL), you pay 1,125 GEL in a year.
- If you receive 0% of the state grant (0 GEL), you pay 2,250 GEL in a year.
- Tuition Fee for the 2017-2018 academic year is 3,000 USD
- Scholarships: ten scholarships are available for international students, covering up to 60% of tuition cost
- Stipends: outstanding students are granted monthly stipends, depending on performance
- Housing: International students will be considered for housing support in TSU dorms or ISET-rented apartments
Number of Scholarships: There are ten scholarships available for international students.
Scholarship Country: Georgia
Course of study: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Economics.
How to be Eligible: To successfully complete the program, students must:
- Pass all first year courses (a grade of D- or above).
- In the second year, students must write a Master’s Project (15 credits) and complete and pass 15 elective courses (a total of 45 credits).
- In the second year, if a student is enrolled in a concentration he/she has to satisfy all concentration requirements, as formulated by the concentration coordinator.
- Write and successfully defend their Master’s Project.
- Meet the minimum overall GPA requirement of 2.67 (B-).
Nationality: Local (Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia) and international students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Local Students: Georgian citizens are required to pass the Georgian National Master’s Exams in order to enroll at ISET.
International Students: If you are unable to provide GRE or GMAT scores, you are eligible to take ISET’s admissions exams, in one of the following three locations: 1. Yerevan, Armenia; 2. Baku, Azerbaijan and 3. Tbilisi, Georgia. If you are unable to take exams at one of the three locations, the Admissions Committee may arrange a proctored online exam.
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications for admission in the 2017-2018 academic year is April 27, 2017.
Get your form here