Special Scholarship Program (SSP) for Japanese and International Students in Japan
The purpose of the Special Scholarship Program is to enable and encourage academically able students from japan and any nationality to study at the doctoral level for 2018 intake.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have or to be scheduled to acquire a master’s degree before the KUT enrollment date.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded in the Department of Engineering at Graduate School of Engineering.
- Exemption from 30,000 yen entrance examination fee, 300,000 yen enrollment fee, and 535,800 yen/year tuition fee
- To support living expenses, 150,000 yen/month is paid for research project work.
- 150,000 yen is provided for travel and initial living costs. (given only to international applicants who are living outside Japan, and who have, or have the intention to acquire, “Student” status of Japanese residence at the time of entry into Japan)
Scholarship Country: Japan
Eligibility: Applying students are must meet all of the conditions stated below in order to be considered.
- To have or to be scheduled to acquire a master’s degree before the KUT enrollment date
- To be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment
- To have an excellent academic record and strong bachelor’s and master’s degrees from reputable universities
- To have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work in one of the designated research projects
- To have high English proficiency
Eligible Countries: All students from Japan and international students can fitfully apply for these scholarships.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants must posses results to proof their high English proficiency.
- Choose one or two research project(s) from the SSP Research Project List
- Complete and submit all required documents by post.
All required documents listed below must arrive at the International Relations Division by the deadline. The documents submitted will not be returned.
- Application form
- Original bachelor’s degree academic transcript
- Original master’s degree academic transcript
- Original master’s degree certificate in English.
- Past fields of study in English — approximately 1 page.
- Research outline in English — Research outline which you plan to do at KUT, approximately 1 page.
- Two signed recommendation letters
- Original certificate of health in English issued within the past 6 months.
If you find yourself fit for these scholarships, don’t hesitate to get the Application Form now as the application entries will be closed on September 15, 2017. Endeavour to visit the scholarship official webpage