Huazhong University of Science and Technology Scholarships for International Students in China
Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program is a full scholarship established by Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to enroll outstanding international students for postgraduate studies in China. HUST is one of the prestigious higher education institutions designated to undertake this program.
- Online application is the necessary step.
- Online payment of application fee is strongly suggested.
- Hardcopy is not accepted any more.
Level of Study: Scholarships are available to international students at the Master & Doctor levels
Course of Study: International students are allowed to study any course offered at the university.
Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must:
– be a citizen of a country other than P. R. China, and be in good health;
– be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
– be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
Chinese University Program generally does not support registered students who are studying in China when applying for this scholarship.
Number of Awards: Not Known
Scholarship Country: China
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Entrance Requirements: Generally, students with GPA over 2.8/4 or 3.5/5 or 70/100 are eligible to apply for scholarship.
HSK 4 or above for Medicine, Engineering and Science
HSK 5 or above for Chinese Literature and Art, Economics, Management, Law, Education, History and Philosophy.
Good command of English; TOEFL, GRE, IELTS or other official recognized English test holders are preferred.
How to Apply & Document
- Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students, submit online and click “print the application form” for the next step.
(The Program Category is B, and the Agency No. is 10487.)
- Complete the online application procedure in HUST choose “I am applying for scholarship at HUST” and submit the documents required as follows:
- <Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship> (downloaded from Step 1)
- Highest diploma (photocopy)
- Academic transcripts
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal (in Chinese or English)
- Two Recommendation Letters signed by professor/associate professor (in Chinese or English)
- Valid Language Proficiency Certificate (if available)
- Acceptance Letter from the professor of HUST (if available, recommended)
- After your online application be submitted,r and reviewed, the status will be renewed as “Application fee to be paid”.Upon receipt of the system notification, please pay the application Fee (RMB600) online.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 31st, 2017.
Scholarship Benefits: It might interest you to know that this is a full scholarship which covers