Estonian Government International Scholarships for Short Courses
Estonian national scholarship programme is open for international students, researchers and academic staff – Scholarships for summer and winter schools. The scholarship can be awarded to the BA, MA and PhD students who are enrolled at any higher education institution abroad at least one year by the time of application. The scholarship is for short courses and supports participation in short courses of Estonian language and culture organised by the Estonian institutions of higher education as well as in summer and winter schools related to the degree programmes taught in English.
Study in Estonia is official national guide to higher education in the Republic of Estonia and is maintained by the Archimedes Foundation. Their aim is to promote Estonia as an attractive study destination and promote the possibilities for studying for international students
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing Estonian language and culture courses
- Estonian Language Summer Courses in the University of Tartu
- Estonian Language in Tallinn University
- Viron kielen kurssit suomalaisille in the University of Tartu
Study Subject: The scholarships are intended to support participation in summer courses of Estonian language and culture as well as in courses of summer and winter schools related to the English-language curricula of degree study in Estonia.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship is used to reimburse up to 500 EUR of the course fee and accommodation costs of 25 EUR per day for a maximum of 28 days per secondment in a calendar year.
Scholarship can be taken in Estonia
- The stipend is available for students of Bachelor’s, Masters or doctoral studies in foreign universities who are actively involved in the studies at the time of application and have been studying at university for at least one year.
- During the period of payment of the grant, the scholarship recipient should stay in Estonia.
- The candidate should pre-register to the course for applying for the scholarship.
Nationality: International students can apply for Estonian Government Scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: In case of short courses the following documents shall be submitted (Application period is from 20.02.2017 to 20.03.2017)
- Application form and motivation letter through online application system
- Confirmation of admission from the higher education institution in Estonia or confirmation of submission of required admission documents;
- A copy of passport or ID-card.
- Transcript of records from the home university;
- Confirmation of registration from home university containing information on the applicant’s level of study, normal period of studies and progress towards the degree;
- Confirmation of admission from organising institution (can be sent by e-mail);
All documents should be in English or Estonian. Documents must be translated to any of these languages if the language of issuance is different. The foundation has the right to require the additional documents. Submitted documents will be not returned to the applicant. The applications which are not full complicated, drawn up as required, include false information or arrive with delay are not assessed.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 20, 2017.
Download Application Form here